“Credit-Rating” Confirmed Platinum Bank Ratings on the uaA+ Level
On the 7th of June 2013, an independent rating agency “Credit-Rating” announced the confirmation Platinum Bank long-term credit ratings of the uaÀ+ level, as well as of the issuance of registered interest bearing bonds (series À) for the sum of UAH 100 mln.
Rating prognosis - is stable. For updating credit ratings, the agency used the financial statements of Platinum Bank for 2011–2012 and for the 1st quarter of 2013, as well as inner information, provided by the bank in the course of the rating process.
“We proved once again that we are a reliable and stable bank, a bank that can be trusted. We are interested in building long-term partnerships with our clients and the stable work of the bank is of particular significance. Platinum Bank does its best to keep it on the high level and to satisfy the needs and expectations of our clients. In general, the confirmation of this rating for us is an indicator of bank’s positive development”, comments Todd Esposito, Platinum Bank Chief Financial Officer.
The borrower or a separate debt instrument with the uaA rating is characterized by higher creditworthiness in comparison with other Ukrainian borrowers or debt instruments. The level of creditworthiness is sensitive to the influence of unfavorable commercial, financial and economic conditions. Signs «+» and «-» mark the intermediate categories (levels) of the rating relative to the main categories (levels).
Stable prognosis shows current absence of preconditions for changing the rating within a year.
Factors, supporting the level of credit ratings:
• market positions – the broadening of sale channels resulted in considerable growth of the client base;
• diversification of the client’s credit portfolio regarding the major borrowers;
• acceptable capitalization indices;
• diversification of the resource base;
• informational openness and transparency.
Factors, limiting the level of credit ratings:
• activity in the most at-risk segments of the crediting market;
• bank’s dependency on the funds of individuals;
• discrepancy between the assets and liabilities in relation to the clearance time;
• low business activity and remaining difficult situation in certain economy sectors, which limits the solvent demand for crediting and negatively affects financial indices of the bank.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
Platinum Bank (www.platinumbank.com.ua) – is a specialized retail bank, which since 2005 has been offering deposit and loan products for individuals through a network of branches and points of sale across Ukraine. Major shareholders of Platinum Bank are international investment funds Horizon Capital, East Capital Financials Fund, bank management and IFC (World Bank subsidiary).
Platinum Bank won the nomination for “Best retail bank” in “Ukrainian Banker Awards 2011” rating (“Investgazeta”).
Greg Krasnov, Chief Executive Officer with Platinum Bank, received the award “Financier of the year — 2011” within the national awards rating “Person of the year — 2011”.